12.12.10

Vectorised design

As the novel is set out at sea I thought it would be interesting to create a patterned image that looks like, water ripples, zebra stripes and tiger stripes.
I gave up trying to use the trace tool on the tiger and zebra photograph because i couldn't get it to work. so instead I used the pen tool and draw out what i wanted. This was very time consuming and the visual result isn't as good as what i had in mind.


I added some orange and blue to try and reference tigers and water.


This design is not the best back drop for legible text.

I still needed to communicate the zebra so did this design to.




This zebra image isn't working because I want the viewer to sympathize with the character, not be scared by it. Although the novel is quite sinister the zebra is not.

Perhaps I should stick to the photograph version.


No comments:

Post a Comment